The Planning Committee implements planning
policy, the development of which is carried out by the Council. It
does this through dealing with regulatory business i.e. determining
all planning applications. Meetings are held every four weeks in
order to meet the Council's targets for determinations within a set
1. To act on behalf of the District Council as
the Local Planning Authority as prescribed in statute.
2. To determine applications for planning
permission and other consents unless delegated to an appropriate
3. To determine applications where development
would be a departure from the agreed Local Plan or Local
4. To determine applications where the
application is to be referred to the Secretary of State on
5. To determine applications for major
development where the District Council is the applicant.
6. To determine applications where the
applicant is an employee of the District Council or a member of
7. To determine applications where the
applicant is an Elected Member or a member of their household.
8. To comment on planning applications
submitted to or by other local Planning Authorities and statutory
9. To evoke or modify planning
10. To designate and amend Conservation
11. To declare areas of Special Advertisement
12. To authorise agreements under S. 106 o the
Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
13. To receive reports relating to action
instigated by the local Planning Authority in relation to