Venue: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Matlock, DE4 3NN. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services
To enable members of the public to ask questions, express views or present petitions, IF NOTICE HAS BEEN GIVEN, (by telephone, in writing or by email) BY NO LATER THAN 12 NOON OF THE WORKING DAY PRECEDING THE MEETING. As per Procedural Rule 14.4 at any one meeting no person may submit more than 3 questions and no more than 1 such question may be asked on behalf of one organisation.
There was no public participation.
Members are required to declare the existence and nature of any interests they may have in subsequent agenda items in accordance with the District Council’s Code of Conduct. Those interests are matters that relate to money or that which can be valued in money, affecting the Member, her/his partner, extended family and close friends. Interests that become apparent at a later stage in the proceedings may be declared at the time.
There were no declarations of interest.
To appoint Members to serve on the newly established sub-committees for Biodiversity and the Derbyshire Dales Local Plan.
The Director of Corporate and Customer Services introduced a report which sought Member approval to appoint those Members nominated to serve on the newly established sub-committees for Biodiversity and Derbyshire Dales Local Plan.
At the Annual Meeting on 25 May 2023 the Council agreed to establish two sub-committees under the remit of the Community and Environment Committee. In agreeing to establish these sub-committees, the Council agreed that the Biodiversity Sub-Committee would comprise of 6 Members and the Local Plan Sub-Committee would be made up of 10 Members, with seat entitlement on both reflecting the overall political make-up of the Council.
The following nominations had been received by the Proper Officer from political groups seeking to appoint to the Biodiversity Sub-Committee:
Councillors: Martin Burfoot, Roger Shelley, John Bointon, Stuart Lees, Peter Slack, Matt Buckler.
The following nominations had been received by the Proper Officer from political groups seeking to appoint to the Local Plan Sub-Committee:
Councillors: Rob Archer, Martin Burfoot, David Hughes, Roger Shelley, Nigel Edwards-Walker, Gareth Gee, Susan Hobson, Peter O’Brien, Lucy Peacock, Matt Buckler.
The recommendations as set out in the report were moved and seconded as detailed below:
- Recommendation 1 – Moved by Councillor Susan Hobson, seconded by Councillor Peter Slack.
- Recommendation 2 – Moved by Councillor Peter O’Brien, seconded by Councillor Steve Wain.
- Recommendation 3 – Moved by Councillor Matt Buckler, seconded by Councillor Peter Slack.
- Recommendation 4 – Moved by Councillor Peter O’Brien, seconded by Councillor Steve Wain.
- Recommendation 5 – Moved by Councillor Steve Wain, seconded by Councillor Neil Buttle.
These were then put to the vote, and it was
1. That those councillors nominated by their respective political groups be appointed to serve on the Biodiversity Sub-Committee for the 2023-24 municipal year.
2. That those councillors nominated by their respective political groups be appointed to serve on the Local Plan Sub-Committee for the 2023-24 municipal year.
3. That the Terms of Reference for the Biodiversity Sub-Committee be approved.
4. That the Terms of Reference for the Local Plan Sub-Committee be approved.
5. That the Director of Corporate and Customer Services be authorised to set meeting dates and times for the sub-committees for the 2023-24 municipal year.
The Chair declared the motion CARRIED.